What is HANDLOOM
1. A handloom is a simple machine used for weaving. In a wooden vertical-shaft
looms, the heddles are fixed in place in the shaft. This loom is powered by hand. The
warp threads pass alternately through a heddle, and through a space between the
heddles (the shed), so that raising the shaft raises half the threads (those passing
through the heddles), and lowering the shaft lowers the same threads—the threads
passing through the spaces between the heddles remain in place.
2. It is a manual operating system.
3. Shedding is done by pressing the treadles pedal and picking and beating is done
4. Handlooms yield less production compared to power loom.
5. It can be operated at a slow speed only compared to the high speed of power looms.
6. Initial investment is very low compared to power loom.
Basically, there are two types of handloom:
1. Frame loom
2. Pit loom
These could be further divided in to fly the shuttle and throw shuttle looms.
IDENTIFICATION OF HAND LOOM PARTS:
- Recycled fabric made out of post-consumer plastic waste
- Sustainable viscose fabrics
- 100 % Eri Silk /Ahimsa Silk / Peace Silk
- 100 % organic lotus silk fabric
- 100 % organic orange fabric
- 100 % organic eucalyptus fabric
- 100 % organic milk fabrics
- 100 % organic aloe fabric
- 100 % organic Soya Protein Fabrics
- 100 % Tencel fabrics
- 100 % Bamberg /Cupro Silk fabrics
- 100 % Modal Fabric
- 100 % Organic Bamboo Fabrics
- 100 % corn fabric
- 100 % Banana Silk Fabric
- 100 % Bamboo /Tencel knit Fabric
- 100 % Linen & Linen Fabrics
- Cotton /Flax Fabrics
- Sustainable Green Denim
- 100 % Cotton Bengal Muslins
- 100 % Cotton Checks & Stripes
- Handloom Silks
- Cotton / Recycled Poly made on Handloom
- Handloom Denim from 5oz to 12 oz
- 100 % Cotton Kala Cotton Fabric
- 100 % cotton handloom Bleeding Checks
- 100 % Handloom Linen Fabric
- Cotton / Linen Handloom Fabric
- 100 % Jute Handloom Fabrics
- 100 % Nettle Handloom Fabrics