Soy Protein Fiber (SPF) is the only protein fibre made from soybean cake.
Their physical properties are the same as that of synthetic fibre. It gives the tremendous change in properties like smoothness/lustre/comfort/absorbency/strength/shrinkage when mixing with other fibres.
soya Protein Fiber (SPF) is the only protein fibre made from soybean cake. Their physical properties are the same as that of synthetic fibre. It gives a tremendous change in properties like smoothness/lustre/comfort/absorbency/strength/shrinkage when mixing with other fibres. For example; when soybean fibres mix with cashmere, it gives smooth quality with an enhancement of easy-care properties. As a wool/soy protein fibre, it reduces shrinkage and increases ease of care. As a silk blend, it improves the properties of silk with the prevention of the fabric from sticking to the skin when wet.
In spite of this, SPF is the only renewable botanic protein fibre. Its 16 amino acids are healthy and nutritional to people’s skin. This fibre basically comes from soybean; plant massive in sourcing and rich in nutrition. It is a kind of an active fibre shows the superiorities of many natural fibres and synthesized one.
Processability/Pretreatment: SPF has different physical & chemical construction from natural protein fibre. During the production process, we should select fit equipment and proper set
• Firstly, protein is distilled from soybean cake & refined.
• Secondly, Use auxiliary agent & biological enzyme which make changes in the spatial structure of the spherical protein. After that, Protein spinning liquid is confected by adding high polymers
• Thirdly, once the liquid is cook, the 0.9-3 dtex fibre is produced by wet spinning which is further stabilized by acetalizing & then finally cut into short staples after curing and thermoforming.
Features: Fabrics from SPF have the following features:
• Luster: SPF have the lustre of silk with excellent drape
• Comfort: It is soft, smooth & lightweight
• Absorbency: They have the same moisture absorption as cotton & better moisture transmission than cotton.
• Easy Dyeing: The original state of the product has good dyeing penetration & colourfastness properties.
• Strength: They have higher breaking strength than wool, cotton & silk but less than that of polyester
• Shrinkage: These fibres don’t shrink under influence of boiling water
• Easy Care: These fibres are anti-crease, easy wash & fast drying